Giving you the best personal attention is one of the hallmarks of what we do. But this is not just an initiative, it's ingrained in our DNA - through our family heritage that goes back to 1948.
Before and during the early part of the war Harry Squibb was clearing rubbish and other waste materials from East London and the docks, using horse and cart. He was called up to serve in the army until the war ended and he ended his service in 1946.
Untold destruction was done to the East End of London and when he returned to restart his business, he found himself clearing the rubble. This led to Harry becoming involved in the demolition of many unstable structures. In 1948, with the programme of clearance of East End tenement blocks, he founded H. Squibb and Son with the company based in Stepney.
The company survived, grew into Squibb and Davies when Harry took on a partner, and moved to the Bow Baptist churchyard. In 1969 Harry's son, Leslie, joined his father. He is the present chairman.
Founded by Harry Squibb in Stepney, East London, the company has come a long way since the removal of rubbish by horse and cart. The modern day Squibb Group continues to expand its operations and as a consequence has outgrown current offices and yard facilities in Barking, which were established in 1999. New state of the art offices and yard facilities are currently under construction at the Group’s nine acre re-cycling site in Stanford-Le-Hope and once occupied in 2017, the new HQ will form the hub of its national operations. The site will accommodate the Group’s wholly owned fleet of heavy plant and transport, re-cycling facilities and offices for the ever growing number of employees, confirming the Group’s status as one of the leading Demolition Contractors in the UK.